Health & Safety
Clean & Safe, Together
- Guests and colleagues are required to wear face masks in all public areas including when entering and exiting the hotel. We are happy to provide masks to guests should they need one.
- Hand sanitizer stations are readily available in all public areas.
- As additional precautions our colleagues wear gloves at all times and wash hands at regular intervals. All colleagues receive a temperature check upon arriving to work.
- We clean and disinfect all high-touch areas in public spaces hourly— this includes tabletop surfaces, handles, handrails, elevator buttons and more.
- Stayover housekeeping service has been suspended. Upon vacancy, rooms are thoroughly cleaned using industrial grade disinfectant. Our team cleans all high-touch areas—such as door handles, light switches, TV remotes, thermostats, and nightstands—as well as bathrooms with added vigilance.
- Guests are required to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups at all times.
- Our colleagues practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees.
- Elevator occupancy is limited to no more than two people at any time.
- Our fitness center is currently closed. Please contact our guest experience team for fitness recommendations.
- Our on-site restaurant and bar, La Piazza, is currently closed.
- We have a streamlined and safe process for receiving food and grocery deliveries at all hotels.
- We offer a curated list of local restaurants with to-go or delivery options.
- Our colleagues are trained to deliver contact-less service, including touch-less check-in, check-out and ongoing help as needed.
- To minimize in-room contact, our team will not enter a guest room if a guest is present except under emergency circumstances.
- The experience of our guests remains our focus. Our Guest Experience teams are here for you—24 hours a day.
- 2500 Pennsylvania Avenue is locked around the clock, with access limited to guests with current reservations.
- Direct Reservations: All individual reservations - even those described as non-cancellable ("Advanced Purchase") - that are scheduled for arrival before August 31, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival.
- Third Party Reservations: Any Third-Party reservations (Expedia, Booking.com, and Hotel Tonight) that are scheduled for arrival before August 31, 2020 must cancelled via your third-party booking provider where the reservation was made.